Signs your extensions are applied poorly or could be better!
- You are UNABLE to brush through your extensions. When lash extensions are applied properly to one natural eyelash at a time, you should be able to glide seamlessly through your lash extensions with a mascara wand.
- The application BURNS your eyes, throughout and after the process. An experienced lash artist will ensure your eyes are completely shut throughout the whole process. If your eyes are constantly burning during and after the procedure that means your lash artist has not taken the necessary safety precautions to prevent chemical fumes from coming into contact with your eyes. Applying lash extensions is a relaxing pain free process.
- Your eyelash extensions poke and irritate your eyes. When your eyelash extensions grow out they should not be irritating AT ALL. If you feel any discomfort it means that more than one lash is attached together or stuck to your skin. Each lash is at a different growth stage during the lash cycle. When they are stuck together it will cause premature hair loss due to our lashes being in different stages during the lash shedding cycle. (ex. mature lash stuck to a baby lash) Lash extensions should NEVER be applied to the skin. The adhesive is not designed for contact with skin and will clog the pores potentially leading to blepharitis/hair loss/infection/allergy etc.
- Your full set is completed within 1 hour. It is an industry standard that a true full set application time takes 1.5-2 hrs. Less time means a quick job was completed. A quick job can either mean that they did not apply an extension on every eyelash or stacked a lot of lashes on your lashes causing them to be glued and stuck together.
- Your eyelash extensions appear heavy/fake/thick/not curly. The lash artist is using extensions that are too heavy/thick and not curly enough. Eyelash extensions are customized to each individual. They come in different lengths, curls and thicknesses. An experienced lash tech with an eye for design will be able to walk you through this and create a set that is flattering to your eye shape. When a proper set of eyelash extensions are applied you should not be able to feel a thing.
- You are able to see glue!!! The lash artist used to much glue. Using too much glue will cause premature hair loss due to your hair follicles being clogged and multiple hairs stuck together. Where the extensions are adhered to the natural eyelash it should be a seamless application with no sign of glue.
Be cautious of super-cheap lash services. Great lash artists use great supplies. Skilled people and quality supplies come at a cost. (People who charge very low prices may be cutting corners somewhere.)