What is ombré brow?
- Ombré Brows (also known as Powder Brows/Shaded Brows) is a semi-permanent make-up procedure, where through the manual process of inserting pigment into the top layers of skin
- The procedure is a two step process (initial insertion of pigment & touch-up 6-8 weeks later)
- We create the desired fullness and design of the eyebrows
- This technique differs from Microblading in that we create a misty, powder filled brow resembling the look of makeup application, or a fresh eyebrow tint
- They are semi-permanent, in that most fade over time if no additional procedure is performed
What Does Ombré Brow look like?
- The tails of the brow are darker, and as you move towards the front of the brow it starts to fade
- The effects will be waterproof and smudge-proof
- It lasts longer than Microblading, typically around 2 years on average
- Results are not determined until touch-up application is completed
How long does ombré Brow last?
- Ombré Brow can last for 1-3 years
- A touch up is required 6-8 weeks after the initial appointment
- Clients that choose a soft look, light colour shade or did not follow the after care instructions may require more touch up appointments
Factors that will cause your semi-permanent brow tattoo to fade faster:
- Tanning bed / sun exposure
- Oily skin
- Medical conditions
We suggest a yearly "Colour Boost" to maintain your procedure colour integrity
Does ombré brow hurt?
- Pain varies from person to person
- People who wax or pluck their eyebrows regularly will find the procedure painless whereas someone who has never touched their eyebrows may feel some discomfort
- A safe topical anesthetic cream will be applied to ease the procedure for you
What colors are available?
- A wide range of colors are available to complement your skin tone and hair color
The colour chosen will specially match your natural skin and hair tone
We have trained with the best to become a cosmetic colour theorist
Is there a chance of infection?
- Safety is our priority
- We are "BodySafe" as per Toronto Public Health
- We adhere to the strictest infection control standards
- One time use sterile disposable needles are always used, which are opened in front of each client
Is semi-permanent makeup a tattoo?
- Yes semi-permanent makeup is a tattoo
- We insert pigment into the top layers of the skin
- The pigments used are medical grade so it is safe and suitable for any facial area.
Prior to ombré Brow
- Bring along the makeup you apply and any photos of the look that you want to achieve
- Make sure your health is in good condition, a medical history form will need to be completed
- 48 hours prior to your procedure, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE
- 1 week prior to your procedure, DO NOT TAKE any blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, B6, Omega 3, Gingko Biloba, St. Johns Wort, evening Primrose unless medically necessary - you may resume immediately after the procedure
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase pain sensitivity
- No waxing, tanning or tinting the eyebrow area 3 days before your appointment
- No anti-aging treatments such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, laser, facials 2 weeks before your appointment
- No facial injections 1 month prior to procedure
- On the day of your appointment avoid caffeine/exercise and wash your hair since hot showers are not recommended, baths are ideal
ombré Brow Aftercare
- It is normal to experience some swelling and soreness, this will subside within a few days
- Apply the ointment given 3 times a day, for the next 3 days post procedure always using clean fingers/cotton swab
- Do not touch the healing area with your fingers- they may contain bacteria
- Do not touch, scratch, rub, pick or peel at the healing skin and allow it to flake off on its own
- Gently cleanse the area with a mild antibacterial soap - do not scrub
- You may rinse with water and lightly pat the area dry
- Before bathing gently apply a light coating of ointment on the procedure area, continue this regimen until the procedure area is healed
- No makeup, facials, sweating, sun, tanning, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming until the area is completely healed post procedure and after all touch-ups
- Avoid immersing the eyebrow area in water
- Do not use anti-aging products that contain Lactic acids or Glycolic acids it will fade your pigment area
- Use a total sun block after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment colour
- You may resume regular activities once you have completed the peeling phase
Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment colour loss!
Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 6-8 weeks post procedure.
After 12 weeks, colour changes, or changing your mind on thickness will cost $
contraindications to ombre brow
- Pregnant or nursing
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Cancer / chemotherapy
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area
- Accutane in the past 2 years
- Recently tanned or will be tanned within 4 weeks
Doctors Approval Required for the Following:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Organ transplant
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system