how long will my extensions last?
- The average number of eyelashes each person has is between 80-120
- Our natural eyelashes cycle out every 90-120 days
- It is normal to lose 1 to 5 lashes a day
- Depending on where you are in your lash cycle the average set should last 3-4 weeks
- They can last indefinitely with regular fills/touch ups which are recommended every 3-4 weeks to maintain fullness
- Proper home care is crucial for successful results
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
- If extensions are NOT properly applied they can clump, tug and pull at your natural lashes causing breakage, damage and discomfort
- When applied properly all lashes are separated and applied one to one (one extension to one natural lash) which requires extensive training and attention to detail
- Eyelash extensions are safe to wear provided your lash artist is taught to correctly apply eyelash extensions
- Flirty Flutters artists have taken in-depth, comprehensive training to provide you with safe beautiful eyelash extensions
- If done correctly, you can wear eyelash extensions for years with no adverse side effects
Does Getting Extensions Hurt?
- It is a pain-free relaxing experience
- The process can be a great time for you to de-stress, regenerate or even take a nap!
What if I am allergic to extensions?
- It is uncommon but can arise
- Please see your MD immediately and notify us when this occurs
- Taking an anti-histamine ex. Benadryl or hydrocortisone cream can help
- In the unfortunate event that this happens, eyelash extensions may not be suitable for you
What is the difference between classic and volume?
- The Classic technique is a one-dimensional look comprised of 1:1 application by applying one extension to one natural eyelash
- The Volume technique is a multi-dimensional look created by super light feather like "fans" of extensions
- These super light fans are meticulously hand crafted by the technician consisting of anywhere from 3 to 15 extensions that are then carefully attached to a single natural lash
- We are able to customize Classic and Volume lashes to tailor to each indviduals desired look with varying extension lengths, thicknesses and curls
How do i care for my lashes?
- Cleanse your lashes routinely with oil-free makeup remover or cleanser to allow for greater retention and reduce bacteria buildup to prevent irritation/infection
- Schedule your fills in advance to prolong longevity and avoid last minute disappointments
- Prior to your fill give your lashes a good wash for improved retention
- The cleaner you keep your lashes & extensions the longer they will last
Is there anything i should avoid?
- Avoid wetting your lashes for the first 24 hours including hot showers, steams or saunas
- Avoid sleeping on your lashes
- Do not use any oil-based products around your lashes
- Do not use water-proof mascara
- Do not use an eyelash curler
- Do not rub, pick or pull your lashes
- Avoid extreme heat exposure such as ovens, blow dryers and lighters around your lashes
- Oil, dirt or makeup residue will prevent the lashes from adhering properly and will loosen the bond of the glue
What if I no longer want my extensions?
- Let them shed out naturally, or return to get a removal done
- Do NOT rub, pick or pull off your extensions as this will result in damage to your natural eyelash